Registered Pharmacy Technician (Full Time) – Burnaby, BC
Registered Pharmacy Technician- LTC (Full Time –Permanent)
Join One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! Our mission is to provide excellence in pharmaceutical care to meet the individual needs of each client. Our organization is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers – focused on growth and innovation within the industry.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Pharmacy: Long Term Care Pharmacy Environment
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager
No. of Positions: 4
Type: Full time Permanent
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experiences
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability and life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plan (RSP). Professional dues and Insurance.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager the Registered Pharmacy Technician will be required to assist the Staff Pharmacist with the preparation, packaging and distribution of patient prescriptions.
- Maintain patient and drug information files
- Ensure that all prescriptions are complete and authentic
- Gather all necessary information, ensure completeness of information
- Confirm accuracy and completeness of pharmaceutical products prepared for release
- Complete the final check of prepared prescriptions
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Accreditation as a Regulated Pharmacy Technician in good standing and adherence to the Standards of Practice with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Experience as a Regulated Technician is an asset
- Experience in a Long Term Care pharmacy environment is an asset
- Experience with Kroll an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and drug distribution practices
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills
If you are a team player who is adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Please cite Job Posting #2962/3324 Burnaby
While we thank you for your interest, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.