Pharmacy Assistant/Registered Technician (Intake) – IV Pharmacy – Ottawa, ON
JOB POSTING – Pharmacy Assistant/Registered Pharmacy Technician (Data Entry/Intake)
Our Infusion Pharmacy team is seeking Pharmacy Assistants who are motivated to learn and advance their career in pharmacy!
Working with the pharmacy’s compounding, intake and specialty teams in one of our largest infusion pharmacy locations, you will contribute to the provision of a multitude of high complexity specialty medications to our homecare patients.
Located at our corporate office in Ottawa (1100 Algoma Rd.), these positions offer increased earnings potential, and a retention bonus plan.
Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant/Registered Pharmacy Technician (Data Entry/Intake)
Location: Ottawa, ON – IV Pharmacy
Reports to: Infusion Supervisor
Type: Full Time, Contract
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience
- Screen and Triage Medical Referrals
- Respond to telephone inquiries from Care Coordinators, Nursing Providers and clinicians regarding medical referrals, supplies, equipment, infusion therapies and deliveries
- Determine method of infusion and order the necessary infusion supplies and equipment
- Assist the pharmacist in finding the appropriate information regarding the stability and compatibility of the IV admixtures
- Input IV orders in Kroll
- Manage ODB electronic billing and manual claims
- Coordinate the delivery schedule with dispatch
- Program IV pumps for specific therapies
- Assist nurses & caregivers in troubleshooting IV pump issues
- Test pumps for accuracy and manage pump returns, inspection and semi-annual testing
- Update patient records
- Available to work evenings and week-ends
- Completion of technical training required
- Minimum 1 year full time working pharmacy experience
- Experience with the Kroll system is an asset
- Knowledge of Abacus software is an asset
- Candidates must demonstrate organizational skills, attention to detail, sound judgment, computer literacy, time management skills, multi-task and initiative
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position. Please cite Job Posting #563190 and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.