Pharmacy Assistant (Full Time) – Burnaby, BC
Pharmacy Assistant LTC- Full Time Permanent
Join One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! Our mission is to provide excellence in pharmaceutical care to meet the individual needs of each client. Our organization is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers – focused on growth and innovation within the industry.
Location: Burnaby, BC
No. of Positions: 4
Type: Full time Permanent
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability and life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plan (RSP).
As a result of our growing business Medical Pharmacies Group is excited to be recruiting for 3 Full Time Pharmacy Assistants to join our team!
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Pharmacy Assistant will be responsible for performing all technical aspects of dispensing of prescriptions, including receiving the order/refill, procuring complete and current information, computer entry, preparation and labelling in an efficient, accurate and timely fashion. This may include compounding or reconstituting if delegated by the pharmacist
- Operating and assisting with maintenance of pharmacy automatic equipment including: computers, heat sealers, PacMed, etc.
- Identifying and referring any clinical questions to the pharmacists and management questions to the pharmacist manager or pharmacist on duty
- Clerical duties including completing all records, documentation and patient or third part billings/charges, preparing receipts, invoices, letters, memos and general filing
- Maintaining current and accurate patient profile information
- Ensure organization of work area and stock shelves
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Delivering superior customer service
Required Skills & Qualification
- Minimum 1 year full time working pharmacy experience or completion of technician training required
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and productivity
- Reliability, strong communication, customer service, initiative, team work, interpersonal skills are essential
- Kroll input experience is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and drug distribution practices
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills
If you are a team player who is adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Please cite Job Posting #3321-30 Burnaby
While we thank you for your interest, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.