Pharmacy Assistant (Data Entry) (Full Time, Permanent) – LTC – Edmonton, AB
JOB POSTING – Pharmacy Assistant
Medical Pharmacies is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers.
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
- Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
- Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
- Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
- Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
- Sustaining and strengthening partnerships with the entire health care team
Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Pharmacy: Long Term Care Pharmacy
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full time Permanent
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experiences
- Performing all technical aspects of dispensing of prescriptions, including receiving the order/refill, procuring complete and current information, computer entry, preparation and labelling in an efficient, accurate and timely fashion. This may include compounding or reconstituting if delegated by the pharmacist.
- Inputting prescriptions using pharmacy software, updating patient profile information, generating, maintenance and inputting of long term care data
- Assisting with maintenance of pharmacy equipment including computers, heat sealers, fax machines, PacMed, PacVision, etc.
- Clerical duties include completing all records, documentation and patient or third party billings/charges, preparing receipts, invoices, letters, memos and general filling
- Other duties as assigned
- Pharmacy Assistant diploma and/or minimum of 1 year full time pharmacy experience in a long term care or busy retail environment
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and productivity
- Reliability, strong communication, customer service, initiative, team work, interpersonal skills are essential
- Kroll data entry experience is a strong asset
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Please cite Job Posting #61-3292 and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: