Pharmacy Assistant (Full Time, Permanent) – Picton, ON
JOB POSTING – Pharmacy Assistant
Join One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! Our mission is to provide excellence in pharmaceutical care to meet the individual needs of each client. Our organization is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers – focused on growth and innovation within the industry.
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
- Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
- Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
- Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
- Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
- Sustaining and strengthening partnerships with the entire health care team
Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
Location: Picton, ON
Pharmacy: Retail and Long Term Care Pharmacy Environment
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Hourly, Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Yes, Comprehensive benefits package
- Delivering superior customer service
- Performing all technical aspects of dispensing of prescriptions, including receiving the order/refill, procuring complete and current information, computer entry, preparation and labeling in an efficient, accurate and timely fashion. This may include compounding or reconstituting of delegated by pharmacist
- Inputting prescriptions using pharmacy software, updating patient profile information, generating, maintenance and inputting of long term care data
- Assisting with maintenance of pharmacy equipment including computers, heat sealers, fax machines, PacMed, PacVision, etc.
- Identifying and referring any clinical questions to the pharmacists and management questions to the pharmacist manager or pharmacist on duty
- Clerical duties including completing all records, documentation and patient or third party billings/charges, preparing receipts, invoices, letters, memos and general filing
- Performing duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year full time working pharmacy experience or completion of technician training reccomended
- Minimum 1 year Kroll data entry experience in a Long Term Care or busy retail pharmacy, an asset
- Excellent customer service, communication, reliability, accuracy, efficiency and team work required
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Please cite Job Posting #19FTPA and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.