Bilingual (Korean) Clinical Consultant Pharmacist/Staff Pharmacist – Burnaby, BC
Bilingual (Korean) Clinical Consultant Pharmacist/Staff Pharmacist
Join One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! Our mission is to provide excellence in pharmaceutical care to meet the individual needs of each client. Our organization is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers – focused on growth and innovation within the industry.
No. of Positions: 2
Type: Full time Permanent
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability and life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plan (RSP). Professional Dues and Insurance
In this new Hybrid role, the Pharmacist will be responsible for building and maintaining healthy customer relations with designated Long Term Care facilities, in conjunction with the pharmacy team.
- Review of resident’s medication profiles, both self-directed and in response to requests from other team members; making recommendations to physicians based on the pharmaceutical care model
- Conducting Drug Utilization Evaluations on selected drug categories and reporting to homes and management
- Working with the healthcare team to develop strategies to meet the facility’s goals for reduction of medication usage while optimizing resident care
Learning & Development:
- Orientating new staff (nursing and physicians) to internal medication systems, policies and procedures
- Orienting staff to new distribution systems, policies and procedures (i.e. multi-dose system, PIPEDA, etc.)
- Providing in-service education to nursing staff on clinical as well as procedural topics
- Providing in-service education to residents and families
- Organizing, hosting, planning and participating in continuing education workshops
- Participating as an active member of each facility’s Health Advisory (Pharmacy and Therapeutics) Committee
- Participating as an active member of centralized (chain-wide) Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee
- Participating in policy development for procedural, risk management and quality improvement issues
- Reviewing Medication Incidents with the pharmacy manager and the facility, assisting in the resolution of any pharmacy service related issues, offering suggestions for system improvements and enforcement of pharmacy policy and procedures
- Overseeing the use of the medication system within the facility through both formal and informal audits done on a regular basis
- Offsite medication management and witnessing of medication management.
- Liaising closely with the nursing management team of each facility to ensure safe and efficient medication management procedures are being used
- Providing destruction of discontinued and expired medications through the use of an environmentally friendly waste disposal company
- Liaising closely with the dispensing pharmacy, manager and staff to ensure optimal pharmacy service to each facility
- Flexible for some travel
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or higher
- Current pharmacist license in good standing with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
- Minimum 1 year Pharmacist experience
- Experience in a Long Term Care environment is an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook
- Clear and recent Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills in both Korean and English required.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and perform multiple tasks plus analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Able to work effectively within the organization to establish relationships, build trust and influence appropriately to drive performance through learning
If you are a team player who is adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Please cite Job Posting #3326 Burnaby
While we thank you for your interest, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.