Pharmacy Manager (Full Time, Permanent) – Burnaby, BC
Job Posting – Pharmacy Manager (Full Time, Permanent), Burnaby BC
Are you ready to make a difference?
Are you a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done’ type of person? Do you relish in opportunities to make your mark, both within and outside your company?
Join Medical Pharmacies Group Limited (MPGL), an established and leading healthcare organization, and one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. MPGL is an integral part of the Canadian healthcare ecosystem, delivering a wide range of healthcare services to organizations and individuals across the country. Our focus on quality, safety and efficiency is weaved into our medication management, specialty pharmacy, and medical supplies and equipment businesses.
Our Burnaby location is looking for a Pharmacy Manager to help us drive growth and customer engagement.
Reporting to the Regional Director Operations – Western Canada the Pharmacy Manager is responsible for overseeing the management and execution of all operational aspects of the Long Term Care pharmacy.
Location: Burnaby BC
Reports to: Regional Director Operations – Western Canada
Pharmacy Type: LTC
Position: Full time permanent
- Responsible for the direct management of the pharmacy team of approx. 50 direct and indirect reports, including an Assistant Pharmacy Manager
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the pharmacy and ensuring that staff pharmacists are properly supported in their cognitive and patient care functions
- Responsible for operational targets, and financial planning activities, including monitoring P&L and implementing measures to attain target metrics, including but not limited to labour, inventory and expense control
- Accountable for teams’ compliance with company policy, practice and standard operating procedures
- Responsible for customer service levels, and execution of measures to improve customer experience and satisfaction
- Responsible for timely medication incident investigation, reporting and implementation of preventative measures
- Responsible for addressing employee performance, including performance evaluations, carrying out the appropriate level of training, coaching, feedback and disciplinary activities
- Approve employee schedules, time-off requests and time worked
- Liaison between the pharmacy team and various internal/external stakeholders
- Participate in a Pharmacist on-call rotation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Drive results through leadership and engagement
- Demonstrate customer service excellence
- Professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excels at operating in a fast pace environment
- Ability to remain organized and prioritize workloads
- Licensed and in good standing with the British Columbia College of Pharmacists
- Minimum 3 years pharmacist experience
- Strong Management background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in a Long Term Care pharmacy environment is preferred
- Experience with Kroll an asset
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted