Mobility Sales Consultant (Full Time, Permanent) – Ottawa, ON
JOB POSTING – Mobility Sales Consultant
OMS work in partnership with healthcare professionals, CCAC’s and other healthcare agencies to provide seamless healthcare solutions to their clients. OMS also provides our business partners with healthcare related resources and support services. For more information about our company please go to http://www.oms.ca/
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
- Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
- Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
- Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
- Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
- Sustaining and strengthening partnerships with the entire health care team
Job Title: Mobility Sales Consultant
Location: Ontario Medical Supply (OMS) – Ottawa, ON
Reports to: Director of Sales, Medical Supplies & Equipment
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay: Draw against commission
Job Purpose :
The Mobility Sales Consultant represents the main point of contact for the general public to facilitate the purchase of High-End Mobility Equipment.
This particular position involves not only fulfilling a basic administration function, but most importantly, requires the individual to follow-up on new leads and referrals, to solicit new business and meet sales targets to ensure profitability. In addition to new sales, Sales Consultants must also provide guidance for warranty, preventative maintenance and contractually obligated work.
- Present and sell Mobility products and services to new and existing clients and accounts;
- Dispense and custom fit high-end wheelchairs, powerchairs, walkers and beds to patients;
- Establish customer loyalty to OMS and MPGL;
- Meet sales targets as set out by manager and corporate objectives.
- Solicit new business from Occupational Therapists, nursing homes and hospitals within and beyond the Ottawa area
- Enhance and establish new relationships with key decision makers to expedite new opportunities and sales;
- Prepare goals and call schedules to identify prospects and optimize visits;
- Follow-up on new leads and referrals from other sales departments and management;
- Maintain product knowledge and advise Sales Manager of education requirements;
- Prepare and present in-services on products and services;
- Maintain account services through regular visits, quality checks, audits and follow-up;
- Identify and resolve client concerns and issues;
- Prepare and submit status reports, call sheets, account activity, quote status, follow-up notes and mileage reports;
- Prepare reports on performance and achievement of goals and objectives;
- Communicate and share new product and service opportunities, special developments and competitors’ information;
- Coordinate and provide (with a reasonable time frame) detailed instructions to sales support, clinical support and order desk personnel to accomplish work required;
- Utilize sales tools provided to enhance job efficiency;
- Prepare estimates and quotations;
- Prepare paperwork to activate new clients. i.e. quotes, client contact information, price lists.
- Hold self accountable and is able to drive results through engagement and leadership.
- Demonstrate customer service excellence.
- Able to formulate, prioritize and execute to achieve desired sales results.
- Professional attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, electronic and verbal communication skills.
- Full driver’s license in the province of their practice and clean driver’s abstract.
- Experience with computer systems.
- Completion of a college program or vocational certificate
- Three or more years of proven sales experience.
- Previous Healthcare industry knowledge is an asset.
Working conditions: The position requires the individual to work in a office setting, Long-term care facilities and retirement homes, private homes and hospitals during daytime hours. Often, the Sales Consultants are working with challenging clients who require more compassion and patience when finalizing any details related to the repair of their equipment with OMS.
Physical requirements: The position can be physically demanding (i.e. lifting, standing, and climbing). While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Please cite Job Posting OMSMobilitySales and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Ontario Medical Supply Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.