FLOAT Registered Pharmacy Technician (Full Time, Permanent) – GTA, ON
Job Posting – Registered Pharmacy Technician – FLOAT
Join One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! Our mission is to provide excellence in pharmaceutical care to meet the individual needs of each client. Our organization is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers – focused on growth and innovation within the industry.
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
- Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
- Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
- Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
- Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
- Sustaining and strengthening partnerships with the entire health care team
Job Title: Registered Pharmacy Technician
Location: Ontario – extensive travel required
Pharmacy: Long Term Care Pharmacy Environment
Reports to: Manager, Clinical and Quality Programs
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experiences
Benefits: Yes, including a company vehicle
- Assist the Staff Pharmacist with the preparation, packaging and distribution of patient prescriptions
- Maintain patient and drug information files
- Ensure that all prescriptions are complete and authentic
- Gather all necessary information, ensure completeness of information
- Confirm data entry accuracy in eMAR and Kroll
- Confirm accuracy and completeness of pharmaceutical products prepared for release
- Complete the final check of prepared prescriptions
- Other duties as assigned
- Accreditation as a Registered Pharmacy Technician in good standing and adherence to the Standards of Practice with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Experience as a Registered Technician is required
- Advanced experience in a Long Term Care pharmacy is an asset.
- Advanced experience with Kroll
- Advanced experience with eMAR systems (i.e. Point Click Care and MEDecare)
- Ability to travel provincially and must have a valid Ontario driver`s licence, ability to provide a driver`s abstract. (Company Vehicle will be provided).
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Please cite Job Posting #99-3676 and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.