FLOAT Pharmacist (Full Time, Permanent) – Mississauga & GTA, ON
JOB POSTING – Floating Pharmacist
Join One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! Our mission is to provide excellence in pharmaceutical care to meet the individual needs of each client. Our organization is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers – focused on growth and innovation within the industry.
Job Title: Floating Pharmacist
Location: GTA region, with ability to travel within the province.
Pharmacy: Long Term Care / Retail Pharmacy
Reports to: Manager, Clinical and Quality Programs
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full time Permanent
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experiences
Benefits: Yes, Comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability & life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plans provide
- Travelling/driving to and providing Pharmacist relief coverage in Medical Pharmacies stores throughout Ontario is required
- Participating in dispensing of prescriptions, including computer entry, triage of new orders, collation of data and clinical reviews
- Ensuring the accuracy of prescriptions dispensed
- Providing professional functions related to dispensing including pharmaceutical care, patient counseling, liaising with other healthcare professionals and documenting interventions and dialogue
- Assisting the Pharmacy Manager in training of new staff
- Providing supervision and leadership in the dispensary while on duty
- Licensed and in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- The ability to travel provincially is required
- Minimum 2 year pharmacist experience
- Long Term Care pharmacy experience preferred
- Experience with Kroll preferred
- Experience with eMAR (PointClickCare, MedeCare) is an asset.
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.