eMAR Training Specialist (Full-Time, Permanent)
JOB POSTING – eMAR Training Specialist
Join one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! Our mission is to provide excellence in pharmaceutical care to meet the individual needs of each client. Our organization is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers – focused on growth and innovation within the industry.
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
- Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
- Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
- Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
- Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
- Sustaining and strengthening partnerships with the entire health care team
Job Title: eMAR Training Specialist
Location: Markham, ON – A blend of Head Office and work from home opportunity
Reports to: eMAR Manager
No. of Positions: 1+
Type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Yes, comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability and life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plan (RSP)
The eMAR Training Specialist is responsible for leading training sessions in client-facing environments as well as with various pharmacy and company personnel. Additionally, a Training Specialist is also responsible for working collaboratively with the team, upholding customer-and-quality focused care, and supporting the team in the execution of tasks related to eMAR deployments and other special projects the team undertakes.
- Leading dynamic training sessions with adults in health care settings (with customers and internal staff)
- Acquire a deep understanding of the functionality of the various eMAR systems and the data interfaces that populate them
- Understanding of MPGL Policy & Procedures and ensuring that eMAR use aligns with P&P
- Providing on-call support for pharmacy technologies, at times until 11 pm in the evening.
- Auditing patient health records and preparing confidential patient data for various pharmacy technologies
- Communicating and working within a team to deploy and provide support for new pharmacy technologies in facilities across Canada
- Auditing and troubleshooting hardware and software issues related to eMAR deployments and various pharmacy technologies
- Listening and understanding customer needs and requirements using professional customer service skills
- Participate in on-call support for our existing eMAR customer base
- Conversing with front line staff (end user) while using remote access technology to remotely diagnose and resolve questions/issues pertaining to eMAR
- Using and maintaining incident management software and ticket queues by setting priorities and resolving Service Centre eMAR support escalations
- Aid in the development of documented materials, job aids, test plans, etc.
- Run/oversee smaller projects within the department.
- Testing and QA of new eMAR releases and versions within a documented Test Plan
- Working with vendors to resolve application issues and make them aware of any application bugs or enhancement requests
- Other responsibilities to be assigned as deemed necessary for the deployment, training and support of pharmacy technologies
- Occasional travel when appropriate
- Pharmacy Technician background and/or Pharmacy Assistant diploma with a minimum of 2 years full time pharmacy experience (Long Term Care Pharmacy experience is an asset)
- Strong experience with Kroll software and eMAR systems experience (PCC, MEC, CAT) an asset
- Adult Training experience
- The ability to lead a group of external customers in a training session via a remote web based classroom.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Customer service/interpersonal skills, patience and initiative are essential
- Ability to think on feet and answer in the moment, questions pertaining to eMAR systems or related topics
- Proficient with computer applications and providing technical/troubleshooting support
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Proficient with Excel and Powerpoint
- Must have active full driver’s license in Ontario and produce a clean driver’s abstract.
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Please cite Job Posting #3585 and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.