eMAR Support Specialist (Full-Time, Contract)
JOB POSTING – Pharmacy Assistant / Pharmacy Technician -eMAR Support Specialist
Join one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! Our mission is to provide excellence in pharmaceutical care to meet the individual needs of each client. Our organization is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers – focused on growth and innovation within the industry.
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
- Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
- Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
- Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
- Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
- Sustaining and strengthening partnerships with the entire health care team
Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant / Pharmacy Technician – eMAR Support Specialist
Location: Markham, ON – A blend of Head Office and work from home opportunity.
Department: Head Office – Operations
Reports to: eMAR Manager
No. of Positions: 1+
Type: Full Time, Contract
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Yes, comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability and life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plan (RSP).
We are looking for a Pharmacy Assistant / Pharmacy Technician who has a knack for pharmacy, technology and people skills. This dynamic, rewarding position will work with a multitude of LTC homes in the implementation and training of eMAR systems nationwide. We are open to hiring new graduates!
The eMAR Support Specialist is responsible for working collaboratively within the team to support bringing our customer base to various eMAR systems, as well as supporting our existing eMAR customers. The role primarily involves transitioning homes to eMAR by working in a collaborative team setting, while upholding customer-and-quality focused care, and supporting the team in the execution of tasks related to eMAR deployment or other special projects the team undertakes.
- Support and training of front-line staff working in senior care settings, who are using new pharmacy technologies including, but not limited to, numerous eMAR systems
- Understanding of MPGL Policy & Procedures and ensuring that eMAR use aligns with P&P
- Acquire a deep understanding of the functionality of the various eMAR systems and the data interfaces that populate them
- Testing and QA of new eMAR releases and versions within a documented Test Plan
- Working with vendors to resolve application issues and make them aware of any application bugs or enhancement requests
- Being the main support contact for homes going live on eMAR. Depending on the shift, support hours could extend until 11pm in the evening
- Conversing with front line staff (end user) while using remote access technology to remotely diagnose and resolve questions/issues pertaining to eMAR
- Auditing patient health records and preparing confidential patient data for various pharmacy technologies
- Training internal pharmacy staff on pharmacy technologies and related procedures
- Auditing and troubleshooting hardware and software issues related to eMAR deployments and various pharmacy technologies
- Listening and understanding customer needs and requirements using professional customer service skills
- Participate in on-call support for our existing eMAR customer base
- Using and maintaining incident management software and ticket queues by setting priorities and resolving Service Centre eMAR support escalations
- Other responsibilities to be assigned as deemed necessary for the deployment, training and support of pharmacy technologies
- Occasional travel when appropriate
- Pharmacy Assistant/Pharmacy Technician background with a preference of at least 2 years full time pharmacy experience (Long Term Care Pharmacy experience is an asset) We are open to hiring new graduates!
- Robust experience with Kroll software is an asset
- Experience with the various eMAR systems used in Canada is preferred
- Proficient with computer applications and providing technical/troubleshooting support to new users
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Reliability, strong communication verbal and written, customer service/interpersonal skills, patience and initiative are essential
- Knowledge of Excel
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and prioritize based on urgency
- Accurate work is essential, as handling/massaging resident medication data
- Able to work effectively with both internal/external customers and contacts
- Proven flexibility and adaptability when working in a team or independently
- Must have active full driver’s license in Ontario and produce a clean driver’s abstract.
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Please cite Job Posting #3584 and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.