Continuous Quality Improvement Associate and UCP Trainer
JOB POSTING – Continuous Quality Improvement Associate and UCP Trainer
Medical Pharmacies is comprised of committed individuals, each making a positive impact on the well-being of our customers.
Our commitment to you:
- Providing a safe, secure and supportive environment
- Strategies that stimulate job satisfaction, professional growth and development
- Work schedules that allow for a healthy and fulfilling work-life balance
- Providing the tools, training and resources necessary to achieve success
- Continuous improvement, innovation and investment in technology
- Sustaining and strengthening partnerships with the entire health care team
Job Title: Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Associate and UCP Trainer
Reports to: Manager of Clinical and Quality Programs
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experiences
The overall objective of this position is to conduct quality improvement audits to achieve client satisfaction in each home that Medical Pharmacies Group Limited services.
- Quality Assurance Audits of the Medication Management System in Long Term Care (LTC) and Retirement Homes (RH) to be completed efficiently and with a great attention to detail
- Working with the Clinical Consultant Pharmacist, communicating audit results to the client and help to develop action plans for improvement and compliance
- Ongoing communication with nurses and Directors of Care in LTC and RH facilities regarding medication management systems, improvement and compliance
- Facilitate group training to Unregulated Care Providers in RH on how to properly administer medication and proper use of medication management devices
- And other responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Requirement to be licensed and in good standing as a Regulated Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- 2 years Long Term Care pharmacy experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of current medication administration devices required and ongoing CE
- Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, Power Point and use of a tablet
- Ability to travel provincially and must have a valid Ontario driver`s licence, ability to provide a driver`s abstract. (Company Vehicle will be provided).
- Excellent customer service, communication (verbal and written), reliability, accuracy and efficiency required
- Ability to work independently required
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Please cite Job Posting #99CQI and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.