Business Development Manager (Full Time, Permanent) – Markham, ON
Are you ready to make a difference?
Are you a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done’ type of person? Do you relish in opportunities to make your mark, both within and outside your company?
Join Medical Pharmacies Group Limited (MPGL), an established and leading healthcare organization, and one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. MPGL is an integral part of the Canadian healthcare ecosystem, delivering a wide range of healthcare services to organizations and individuals across the country. Our focus on quality, safety and efficiency is weaved into our medication management, specialty pharmacy, and medical supplies and equipment businesses.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Markham, ON
Reports to: Senior Director, Marketing & Business Development, Specialty
No. of Positions: 1
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Commensurate with experiences
Benefits: Yes, Comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, disability & life insurance as well as opportunity to participate in a group registered savings plans
Our Specialty Pharmacy Team is looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to help us drive growth and customer engagement. Reporting to the Senior Director, Specialty Marketing & Business Development the Business Development Manager, Specialty Pharmacy will become an integral part of the Specialty Team, responsible for driving sales targets in specified geographies based on Medical Pharmacy’s s strategic objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity that will support our business unit goals by building strong business relationships, understanding industry and customer trends, and establishing effective internal collaboration.
We provide a congenial and supportive environment with the tools, training and resources you need to achieve success. We advocate for your growth and development and believe in work-life balance.
- Build and execute your territory management plan to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Secure and retain business through professional, consultative sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision influencers.
- Positively impact and influence others and quickly establish credibility while building strong business relationships.
- Stay current and well-informed about key account business initiatives, proactively addressing any concerns and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Ensure all customer experience and service requirements are fulfilled.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all competitors and their capabilities.
- Provide regular reports on sales progress and activities with existing accounts and business development opportunities.
- Explore opportunities in the market and discuss program / service development options with key internal stakeholders.
- Lead the preparation of proposals and business cases in collaboration with operations, finance, marketing, and other internal stakeholders.
- Ensure internal stakeholders are aligned with resource requirements for new business opportunities.
- Drive legislative, regulatory and professional practice requirements for Specialty business.
- Analyze monthly reports for key accounts and identify key insights to enable proper decision making.
- Ensure internal processes, quality standards, and S0Ps are aligned with optimum customer experience KPIs to sustain long-term relationships.
- Develop solid and trusting relationships with new and existing key customers at the executive, operational and clinic levels.
- Liaison between the pharmacy team and various internal/external stakeholders.
- Adhere to Medical Pharmacies policies and procedures.
- Highly proficient in developing and maintaining relationships
- Demonstrated experience in Key Account Management
- Demonstrated customer service excellence
- Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude, with strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excels at operating in a fast pace environment
- Ability to remain organized and prioritize workloads
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical, business, and financial acumen
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external contacts, both orally and in writing
- You hold a valid driver’s license (a valid driver abstract requested at time of acceptance)
- University / College degree: BSc Pharm or Pharm D, Business degree or equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ demonstrated sales experience preferably in the healthcare specialty industry
- Experience in Ophthalmology, Neurology, Immunology, or Oncology preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (power point, excel)
- Experience working with Salesforce is an asset
We thank you for your interest in Medical Pharmacies Group, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position.
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.