Application Support Specialist (Full Time, Permanent) – Markham, ON
Join Medical Pharmacies Group Limited (MPGL), an established and leading healthcare organization, and one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. MPGL is an integral part of the Canadian healthcare ecosystem, delivering a wide range of healthcare services to organizations and individuals across the country. Our focus on quality, safety and efficiency is weaved into our medication management, specialty pharmacy and medical supplies and equipment businesses.
We are looking for a highly technical, empathetic, organized and passionate individual to fill an Applications Support Specialist role. Reporting to the Director of IT Applications Services the Ideal candidate will have a blend of technical expertise, exceptional people skills and strong project management skills. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide support to end-users on a variety of software applications, including
- Kroll pharmacy systems and Kroll management and reporting software (KCDR and KCM)
- ERP Systems (MS Dynamics, Pronto)
- Internally developed software for various business processes including Shipping Tools, Store Ordering, Warehouse inventory counting
- Other software as lines of business solutions grow
- Assist other IT teams when providing support to end users for workstations, printers, servers, VPN, other devices in conjunction with the above applications
- Perform regular maintenance activities and software updates for supported applications
- Participate in software enhancement projects and implementation of new software as needed
- Work with the Pharmacy Technology team to support integration with eMar systems (PCC, MedeCare etc.), integration with McKesson PacMed and PacVision, and MedeDigital SmartRx print services
- Ensure all support and service requests are properly logged and documented in Service Centre
- Experience with development and support of desktop application technologies (commercial and in‑house)
- Experience with development and support of server side and GUI/client development for web application technologies (commercial/SaaS and in-house)
- Intermediate level database query development skills
- Familiarity with database maintenance activities (e.g. Backups, SQL jobs)
- MS SQL server required, PostgreSQL and Informix are an asset
- Experience with Kroll pharmacy systems is highly desirable
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably Microsoft solutions)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies (desktop and server OS, databases, configurations, etc.)
- Experience with e-commerce support is desirable (Magento preferred)
- Requires a breadth of IT technology experience and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Understands support procedures and tools (i.e. support/service desk) and problem management
- Works well with end users and communicates effectively verbally and in written form
- A desire to make a difference in the growth and success of the organization
- A passion to learn the business and use their skills to improve business outcomes
- A belief in continuous learning and an interest in new technologies
- Must be available for on-call support during evenings and weekends on a rotating schedule.
- This is a full-time position located in Markham, however while COVID-19 measures are in place, after training this position could have a remote working schedule.
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position. Please cite Job Posting #3543 and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to:
Medical Pharmacies Group Limited is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.