Specialty Compounding – Pharmacy Department Head
Oshawa - (1 position)
This is an exciting opportunity in a retail pharmacy setting, reporting directly to the Pharmacist Manager of our Clinic Pharmacy location.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, reimbursement of profession dues/liability insurance and company continuing education events.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Supervision of compounding staff and the operation of the compounding department
• Supporting Pharmacists and prescribers in the provision of specialty compounds
• Compounding activities:
o Performing compounding calculations and addressing formulation issues
o Preparing sterile and non-sterile specialty compounds
o Assuming accountability for all technical aspects of compounding
• Ensuring that all safety protocols are followed within the department
• Conducting an initial clinical review of compounding prescriptions and verifying the accuracy with pharmacists
• Receiving and transcribing orally transmitted prescription(s) from authorized prescribers
• Transferring prescriptions to and from other pharmacies
• Conducting quality control checks on final specialty compounds for dispensing
• Managing the department’s inventory
• Coordinating insurance coverage for specialty compounds
• Accreditation as a Regulated Pharmacy Technician in good standing and adherence to the Standards of Practice with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a compounding Pharmacy Assistant
• Minimum 6 months to 1 year experience as a Regulated Technician
• Experience with supervising a team an asset
For more information on our pharmacy location go to our Clinic Pharmacy location.
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position. Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to: